Saturday 2 March 2013

I hear 'Malvern Armatures' are really great!

Haven't posted in a while, would like to say i've been really busy but thats only really true as of the last few days.

I've been working on a few things simultaneously but i'll start with the Armature. 

The armature i'm using for Arthur in this film is a bespoke build from Malvern Armatures, they offer a service to send you your armature ready built but I wanted to have a go at building it myself just to properly learn the process. With none other than the owner of Malvern Armatures sat RIGHT NEXT TO ME! (mainly because its my dad, this does not come with the regular service)




After laying out all of the pieces to make sure I had everything I needed, I started assembling the armature. 



Using 'Loctite' to secure the ball joints means they won't come apart if done correctly during animation.





After each joint was locked, (the loctite needs around 12-24 hours to fully dry) it was time to start assembling the final armature, making sure to clean each of the balls individually with lighter fluid to get rid of any excess Loctite. 


Due to my design not being accurate enough on the side view, The neck joint was too low on the body, meaning the movement was restricted (the assembly on the right). Those lovely people (person) at Malvern Armatures sent me down a re-designed chest assembly with a new neck and wider shoulders to attach onto the rest of the Armature within a couple of days


Any there we have it! Arthur Quasar in his simplest form.


For more information on Malvern Armatures, Click on the tab at the top of my blog! or simply go to 


No comments:

Post a Comment